Who doesn’t like to feel appreciated? And let’s be honest… How often do you feel like you are truly appreciated at work?
The truth is, appreciation affects more than our ego; it also has a significant effect on our productivity. In fact, studies show that work groups with a ratio of 3 to 1 POSITIVE interactions are significantly more productive than groups with lower ratios.
So what does that mean for you?
The more positive interactions you create with your team, the more you boost productivity and production… in a very real way.
Here are some simple but effective ways to say “thank you” to your employees and associates.
- Just say “Thank you.” Don’t let it become a meaningless exchange. Make eye contact, and say it like you mean it.
- Write a card or thank you note! Explain how much you appreciate them and their hard work.
- Offer team members a choice of responsibilities. When your team feels like you’ve delegated them responsibilities that relate to their individual skills, they will give their 100%. Every time.
- Acknowledge one of your team members in your Practice’s newsletter or on your website. This won’t take much time or effort, but it will create a lot of value for your employee.
- Tell a detailed story of an employee’s accomplishment at a staff meeting.
- Take a team member to lunch as a way of showing your appreciation. Make them feel important by listening to them, and letting them do most of the talking.
Next time you are impressed by someone’s hard work or integrity, remember to show your appreciation in someone. When you take the time to thank someone, your investment of time and energy is minimal– but the results are enormous.
Until next time,